Friday, December 30, 2011

Bucket List

For those who are unaware of a bucket list, it is really just a list of things you would have liked to experience before you "kick the bucket", pass on...die. Thought I would share some of mine....a fellow blogger/friend posted her's so thought I would post mine as well.  :)


THINGS TO DO BEFORE I KICK THE BUCKET!
  • Loose weight ideally 25-30 pounds (part way there, I was sick in the summer and lost 16 pounds -- need about 7-10 more)
  • Learn to speak another language fluently, Italian or Spanish or Croatian
    Play guitar
  • Own my own home on acreage (Done)
  • Play the piano
  • Learn to dance ballroom
  • Go zip trekking
  • Go ATVing (Done)
  • Travel to: Croatia, Hawaii, Carribean, Greece, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, Africa, Cuba, Peru, Mexico, All over the US, and all over Canada (Partly done -- went to Alberta this summer)
  • Dance on the bar at Coyote Ugly -- would be so fun
  • Learn to swim (Partly done, can swim a little)
  • Learn to Kick box
  • Learn to cook really well (Done -- I am a great cook)
  • Go on a road trip around the US and Canada
  • Learn how to horseback ride
  • Own a boat (Done) 
  • And learn how to drive the boat! (halfway there)
  • Learn to water ski
  • Own a sea-doo
  • Own my own bakery/coffee shop
  • Get a FULL day at spa
  • Have a professional makeup artist to do my makeup
  • Learn to ice skate and roller blade (I can skate a little -- doing lots this season 2011-2012
  • Own a hot tub
  • Be as organized as Martha
  • Own and run a successful business
  • Own a house on a lake with a fire pit and hot tub, with no mortgage.
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Go snorkelling
  • Learn to ski (I have skiied but am not good at it)
  • Learn to Snowboard
  • Learn to Snowshoe
  • Learn to paint
  • Grow veggies (Done - need to learn to plant and take care of more)
  • Have a big garden full of fragrant flowers
  • Decorate a house
  • Get involved in programs for young girls on self-esteem
  • Travel the Nile in Egypt
  • Float in a hot air balloon
  • Ride a Harley down an open road
  • Be an extra in a movie (Done)
  • Horseback ride along a beach
  • Conquer a fear
  • Have abs and be in great shape!
  • Go on a trip with a bunch of friends
  • See the Egyptian Pyramids
  • Have my portrait painted
  • Take a culinary course/college
  • Have my own IPOD -- Have over 1,000 songs on my IPOD
  • Scrapbook my childhood and my future and my kids childhoods and futures (partially done)
  • Get my teeth whitened
  • Find a perfect hairstyle
  • BE HEARD
  • Don’t let people walk over me
  • Stay in a 5-Star Hotel
  • Eat in a 5-Star Restaurant (Done -- Cloud 9 -- Downtown Van)
  • Rent a limo for a night and paint the town red!
  • Go ice-skating in NYC
  • See the ball drop in NYC in a hotel
  • Get a Brazilian Wax (to see if I have the guts)
  • Realize the only person I can control is myself
  • See the Mona Lisa
  • Learn to sew
  • Re-learn to crochet
  • Learn to play pool well
  • Go wild in Disney World or Disneyland
  • learn to do some hip-hop moves and dance really well
  • give blood
  • go Paintballing
  • Help people achieve their goals -- Mainly my kids
  • Learn to dance salsa
  • Learn about health and be healthy
  • Be fit enough by our 20th wedding anniversary -- May 2014 -- to wear a bikini in Hawaii!!!!! (I will be nearly 44 by then)
  • Find a way to move back to the coast to be with my husband. I hate 100 Mile alone!!!!
  • Have a housekeeper come in every week!
  • Have a personal trainer!!!
  • Have a gym in my house -- I have a treadmill and a Gazelle.
  • Have a wonderful kitchen (Gourmet) in my house.
  • Have a schoolroom/library in my house
  • See my children grow up, marry and have children of their own
  • See a baby be born - not my own (almost had this one done, but then my friend had to have an emergency C!)
  • Help someone in need if I had the cash to help
  • Help my friends!
  • Own a Mercedes SL600!
  • Own a BMW (Done)
  • Have Horses
  • Be More Self-Sufficient -- gardening, baking, making things


**The ones with red are either accomplished or partially accomplished.  Yes, it is a very long list and probably there are more that I can't think of right now!!!   I  have a long way to go!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment