Monday, June 13, 2011

Curriculum Review!!!

Here is a my review of Teaching Textbooks.  www.teachingtextbooks.com.   You can go to this link to try out lessons and for ordering.  We love, love, love Teaching Textbooks.  Mr. E used it this year for grade five math, he loved it and finished way before the school year was done!  It teaches the lesson, does practice questions, then the 20-22 question lesson.  It marks it and keeps a gradebook.  It is computer based and has a workbook as well to work out the problems.  It also has an answer key in case you want to check the grading yourself.



These are our books and CD's for the upcoming year, 2011-2012.  Grade 4 for Mr. L and Grade 6 for Mr. E.

I cannot believe they will already be in Grades 4 and 6, wow time sure does fly!  Miss R. will be using Rod and Staff  Grade 2 next year.  I can't review this right now because we have not used Rod and Staff before.  Might post a review after we have used it. 

My take on Math is that from now on after this coming year, I will be using Singapore up until the end of Grade 3 and then move on to Teaching Textbooks from Grade 4 onwards.  This is what I have found works for our family.  I have jumped around far too much in the past couple years and now I know what works for us and will stick with it.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing good things about Teaching Textbooks. I'm glad to hear that you like it!
    We're currently using RightStart Math for Kindergarten and Grade 1 but I think once we get to older grades I'll switch over too. If I am correct, they are still creating the Grade 2 and younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we love teaching textbooks over here Ashley. And yes I have heard rumors that they are making it for Grade 2 next year too. :)

    ReplyDelete