This is what the area looked like before our clean-up, Miss R is in the corner, lol. :)
During the clean-up, going through all the old curriculum,
keeping some pages and the rest gets trashed.
The school area after the clean-up, what a difference! Everything in its place!
Done! And a partial picture of the computer area too. Each of the first three bins on the table, houses the kids curriculum for next year, Miss R's is the pink one, then Mr. L's, then Mr. E's, little Mr. D doesn't have one yet, because he is too little.
The next box is stuff I have to sell and the last box on the table is for finished folders of curriculum for each year. I keep a few pages of each book and put them in a folder that is marked with the child's name, grade and school year. Just to keep track of how they are moving along. The school doesn't require that I keep anything, but I like to keep a few things for each child.
The boxes under the table are crafts, coloring books, extra curriculum, etc. I don't have a great shelving unit yet so this is how we keep track of what we are doing.
I also have two bookcases full of books and two pantry shelves with books and other curriculum. I think I am a curriculum junkie, lol!!! Although, I have been doing this for 6 years and moving on to my 7th year of homeschooling. You tend to accumulate alot of stuff! Plus, I am saving lots because I have four little peeps and Mr. D will need lots too. Not this year though, he still has another year before he needs to do Kindergarten. :)
YEAH! I love before, during, after photos. I found it even motivating to take pictures and then to have proof of improvement. Praying you find some bookshelves! Great job...and yes, IF I can do, surely you could!
ReplyDeleteSure is lots of work though eh, Jo? We both did an awesome job! :)
ReplyDeleteLot of work, but it feels so great when you're done!
ReplyDelete