Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Community Kitchen

They have a thing here in our town called Community Kitchen, it's really fun!  Well, they probably have it other places too, but I only found it when I moved here, lol.  :D   A bunch of ladies get together at the kitchen in town and cook together.   Then you get to take some of the goodies you made that day home!  What a great way to get together and chat and get some of your dinner already made! 

Today, we made veggie Lasagna and Granola to take home.  The noodles in the Lasagna were homemade as well, so now I know how to make fresh noodles!  So cool!  Really neat that we sometimes get to learn new skills as well.

Here are a couple pics of the yummy things we made today.  My camera died so unfortunately no picture of the cooked lasagna.  :(  But I can tell you it was really, really yummy!  :D


Veggie Lasagna pre-cooking.  :D  Those little colored things are
Rachel's counters, lol.  They just happened
to be on the table.  :D


Granola!  So yummy too!

And it was great because there was a little homeschooling going on there too (Home Ec), because Ethan joined me in the kitchen for awhile to help make the noodles.  :D

All in all a good day.  Now, I am off to do another post about our history book.  :D

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so neat....I don't think there is anything like that here, but I have never looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is fun Amie! :D So cool. :D

    ReplyDelete