Monday, July 23, 2012

School Room

Well, I finally got some of the shelving I have been waiting to get for ages.  It is for our homeschool area, I found an idea on Pinterest some time back and have been wanting to do it forever!  I didn't get quite enough of the shelving so I will be picking up a few more, but probably not for a couple months.  I am so excited to share our new school area with you.  It looks so much better and so clean!  I had looked at the shelving a few weeks ago at Walmart and found the ones I wanted, they were reasonably priced.  Then on Friday when I went to pick them up they had put them on "Roll-back" so they were even less than I had expected!  Woohoooo!!!!!!   I will post a before and after picture.  I will also post again when I get the rest of the shelving.  Anyway, without further ado, here is my new school area before and after pics.  :)




This is our school area before, these bins we have used for our many years of homeschooling and they were working but it just started to get so messy looking and I wanted something more streamlined and clean looking.


Here it is with my new shelving, I have since also cleaned up the blue bin and made it a clear bin and put the white box and globe in behind, it looks even more clean and lovely.



Each child has two cubby holes,  Mr. D is the first on the left with the top two first cubbies, one on top and then one underneath, next is Miss R, then Mr. L and then Mr. E.  The bottom cubbies are for crafts and then last row -- number 5 is for extra books, etc.  The baskets on top are extra workbooks, my box, extra subjects, science and art supplies.  :)  Doesn't it look nice?  And as you can see it gave us about 2-3 feet of extra space to walk!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!!!!! That is amazing. I LOVE the shelves! You are inspiring me to clean our school room!!! Maybe next week....Have a GREAT summer! Marion

    ReplyDelete