Tuesday, December 20, 2011

More Christmas Treats

Ok, here are the Peanut Butter Balls.  I made so many, the kids really love them!  :)


Peanut Butter Balls all rolled up.


Melting Chocolate for dipping.


Chocolate all melted.


Dipping the balls.


All dipped.


Putting them in the tin.


All Finished.  So yummy!  Into the fridge they go.

This is my Grandma's recipe which I have tweeked a bit:

Grandma's Peanut Butter Balls:

1 cup powdered Sugar
1 cup Peanut Butter
1-2 cups chocolate chips

1.  Mix together powdered sugar and peanut butter with a hand blender.  If this is too powdery add a bit more Peanut Butter, measurements are approximate.  :)   Put in the fridge to set for a few minutes.

2.  Take out of Fridge and Roll into small balls, place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet.  Put back in the fridge for around an hour or so to set up.

3.  Start melting chocolate chips just before you take the PB balls out of the fridge.  When chocolate is melted start dipping the balls into the melted chocolate,put on waxed paper lined cookie sheets to set.  When they are all dipped put back in the fridge to set up again.  Take off waxed paper when set and put in a tin.  Store in the fridge.

I usually double this recipe because they go fast.  :)  And this time I added a little bit of Nutella (Hazelnut spread to the peanut butter)  Really, really decadent!  :) 

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Yummy! My balls are in the fridge, chilling at this moment. We were all sick before Christmas so I didn't get Christmas baking done. I figured chocolate and peanut butter was a fantastic way to bring in 2012.
    I hope your Christmas was fabulous and hopefully we'll see you in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete