Sunday, April 10, 2011

Homemade Tortillas and Bean Burritos


Ok! I had decided to start a blog along with all my fellow bloggers! :D It will be about homeschooling and FOOD! We all love food right??


So today I made Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas and then made them into black bean burritos with them. So yummy! And it was really easy too. :D I used this recipe for the tortillas: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican-Whole-Wheat-Flour-Tortillas/Detail.aspx. I then filled them with onions, red peppers, garlic, black beans and mozza cheese. We dunked them in Sour Cream, I know not really healthy when you add the S. Cream right, but they were amazingly good!!! Here are some pics.



The golf-ball sized dough waiting to be rolled. :D



Rolling the dough.




Cooking the tortillas.






Filling cooking.







Filling the tortillas.



The finished product. We baked at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes to heat through. Let me know what you think if you try them. :D I also made alot of other stuff this week but neglected to take pictures, except for my No-Bake Oatmeal, Cranberry, Peanut butter cookies. I just can't figure out how to make the pic come out on the bottom after this, so will post a pic later on. It keeps coming out on top!


No comments:

Post a Comment